When I first played Braid, the game ran extremely slowly. After hunting down the issue for a while, it seems to have something to do with vertical sync and Nvidia graphics cards (here’s the story in the official Braid blog). Here’s how I fixed it.
So far, almost all software I’ve tried to run under Windows 7 has worked without any problems. Today I installed Google Desktop, and everything was working fine until I added the Gmail gadget. As soon as I clicked the sign in button, Google Desktop became unresponsive and eventually came crashing down.
All other gadgets I’ve tried, including the new Google Calender gadget, work fine.
There’s a thread about this in the Google Desktop Help group. I guess we’ll just have to wait until Google fixes this, unfortunately.
Continuing through my adventures with Windows 7 beta, I came upon a weird bug today.
Something called the Distributed Link Tracking Client crashed. With it, Aero and my Internet connection also went down.
The problem fixed itself within a minute. Nothing major, I guess, but it is a beta after all.